El Monte, CA
We converted a former city library building constructed in 1926 into a museum. We renovated the 4,500 SF structure, added a new gallery wing of 3,400 SF and an entrance patio and courtyard of 2,900 SF. The original structure was introverted and dark. To extend the interior exhibit and display areas and bring in more light, we incorporated 3,500 SF of exhibit patios and botanical gardens into the overall design.